Moving from Google sheets - QA tool recommendations?

Abigail Callaghan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2021

Hello!

My QA team is looking into QA/testing tools. We have a have about a dozen apps that we test with each new build. We currently have a different google sheet for each app containing a new tab for each test and one notes tab with info about the app (login, jira epics, server info etc). We are looking for a tool that is fairly simple and has most of the following:

• Test type customization - smoke, stress and spoof
  • Can link to Jira, Bugfender, Minio and/or S3
  • Retrospective viewing of testing (i.e. easy to look a spoof test from September 2019 for a certain app)
  • Not too dev heavy. This tool is for the QA team not the developers.

Generally this tool is going to be used for reporting and not automated testing. 

Thanks for your help!

3 answers

0 votes
Jarosław Solecki [Deviniti]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2021

I think that you also might be interested in those two positions:

• TestFLO if you need a lot of flexibility to customise your process would be a good option. 
  • Requirements and Test Management for Jira also introduce the requirements module and it is a very intuitive app so you won't struggle with configuration.
0 votes
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Abigail Callaghan 

You can try AIO Tests - Test Management for Jira. It is very simple to use - absolutely no setup required - just install the app and start creating cases. You can import existing cases as well with an easy to use interface.

You can setup you own test types and create links to Jira issue types for traceability.

In-built traceability and execution reports can be used to see details of any executions.

We will be glad to give you a demo of the app. Please schedule time with us at your convenience - book a demo.

Here is our documentation and support link.

Regards,
AIO Tests Team

0 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Abigail Callaghan 

I’d like to share with you the ones I tried myself : 

- Zephyr for jira 

- X-ray Test Management 

both satisfy your requirements easily and with no heavy setup 

you can also have a look At the Atlassian Market Place 

Regards, 

Adel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD