More than one project view on a dashboard

Catarina Dowsley May 16, 2023

hello!

I'm creating a dashbord that includes more than one project ( I created a filter with 2 projects) to keep track of the status of all tasks. But when I use the pie chart, the categories "pending tasks" (tarefas pendentes), "completed" (concluido) and "in progress" (em andamento), appear repeatedly, as if I were separating by project when I want a unified view.  Here is the image of my problem (it's in Portuguese). Do you know how to help me?
I need a unified view of the Status of all projects. This is also happening at the following up project 

jira pie chart.jpg

jira following.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2023

Welcome to the community, @Catarina Dowsley.

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Are the project in the filter a team-managed and a company-managed project? If yes, the issue could be related to that. Team-managed and company-managed issues statuses and workflows are technically  something different, even if they have the same name.

On the left side of the screenshot below, you see the Jira standard gadget with duplicate issue statuses. On the right side, this is the Pie Chart gadget of our app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards. Our app automatically matches statuses which have the same name.

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_quick-pie-chart.png

0 votes
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hello @Catarina Dowsley and welcome

You have the possibility, in the gadget configuration, to select the filter you want to use.

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 15.29.45.png

I suggesyou createa new filter "Project in (XXX, YYY)", and select it in your gadget.

Let me know if it helps you 

Catarina Dowsley May 16, 2023

Hello! @JM Perrot ! Thank you so much for your time to help me.

So, I have already done this. I'll show you:

If I look at my filter by In progress status it will show all of my 8 itens in progress. That is perfect. I do have 8 itens in progress when combining my 2 projects in this filter.

Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-05-16 à(s) 10.34.23.jpg 

My problem is: when I go to my dashbord it divides these 8 items in 3 and 5 (Em Andamento means In Progress in portuguese):

Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-05-16 à(s) 10.36.34.jpg

I want to see 8 itens in progress and not 3 and 5. In fact I do have 3 itens in a project and 5 in the other one, but I created a filter to see them together. I don't understand why Jira is not unifying them if they belong to the same status.

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hmm strange, can you share your filter here?

With my filter, I don't have this issue :

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 15.54.33.png

And my filter is just : project in (DEV, INFRA)

Do you use the same status (there is no space at the end of one or something like that ?)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events