Missing done issues on bulk update

Özkan Özbaş May 12, 2021

Hi all,

I moved all the issues from the Scrum project board to a new Kanban project board. I lost all the issues which are on done status. Do you have any idea that I can have them back?

Note: I mapped all the issues based on their status before clicking on confirm button on the bulk update confirmation page.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Does your kanban board include the sub-filter shown below, and do the Done issues have a Fix Version assigned to them which has been released?

Or were the done issue resolved longer ago than the setting for "Hide completed issues older than"?

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 2.07.12 PM.png

Özkan Özbaş May 17, 2021

Thanks for your answer @Trudy Claspill 

I am unable to check out the settings which you had shown in your answer. I am on next-gen team-managed project. Where are those settings located in this template?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Those settings are not configurable in a Team Managed project kanban board.

As per this document, for issues will be cleared from the Done column automatically when they have been Done for 14 days or more. Are the missing issues ones that were set to Done 14 or more days ago?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/get-started-with-team-managed-projects/

There will be a link in the column to show you the issues that have been cleared. The display will be in a Search screen, not on the board.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 10.03.51 AM.png

Özkan Özbaş May 18, 2021

Yes! I found on the search screen. Thank you very much!

Could you please give me a tip how I can transfer old Done issues to my new team-managed Kanban Board?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

The issues that were set to Done more than 14 days ago will simply not display on the board. 

In your original post you said that you "transferred" issues from a Scrum board to a Kanban board, and that you did this through a bulk update.

Do you mean that you moved the issues from one project where a Scrum board was used to an entirely different project where a Kanban board is used?

Özkan Özbaş May 18, 2021

Yes, I did in that way.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

And when you use the Advanced Search, do you find that the old Done issues are now part of the new project?

If so, what problem are you trying to solve by forcing them to display on the kanban board?

Özkan Özbaş May 18, 2021

No actually. Let me reproduce:

- I transferred all the issues from my old project a Scrum board was used to an entirely different project where a Kanban board was used. I also mapped the Done issues.

- I deleted the project that the Scrum board was used.

- I checked out the new Kanban board, hoping to see my Done issues were also located. When I noticed there was no Done issues, I restored the deleted project to not lose the Done issues.

- With the help of your answer I found them on search screen but under the old project that Scrum board was used.

Now I would like to index all those Done issues under my new project and delete the old project. Because the old project creates confusion for my team.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

Are you absolutely sure that the Done issues of your original project did not move to the new project?

If so, then I would recommend that you try the Bulk Change > Move option again to move the Done issues from the original project to the new project.

If that doesn't work, please provide the step by step details of the filter you constructed to retrieve the issues from the original project, and all the steps you went through during the Bulk Change operation.

Özkan Özbaş May 18, 2021

I am seeing the Done issues with the Key of the old project. If that means they were not moved then yes, I am sure.

Okay. I will try to do the process again and I will provide the information if it does not work.

Özkan Özbaş May 18, 2021

That also worked. @Trudy Claspill Thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events