Migration Server to Cloud with XRAY

Timothée Quesada June 17, 2021

Hello,

I need some help to migrate XRAY from Server to Cloud.

We are actually migrate Jira Server to Jira Cloud but I have some problems with Xray data.

All the manual test steps are not include on the migration...
I'm using the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant but the XRAY migration tools doesn't lauch.
I can see it on the documentation: https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Jira+Cloud+Migration+Guide

Anyone got an idea to do it?

Thanks,
Timothée

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hi @Timothée Quesada  !

Cloud migrations can be tricky, and sometimes it's better to seek help from an Atlassian Partner as they have expert knowledge on these topics.

However for your issue, if you want to use the Jira Migration Assistant you'll need to be enrolled in Atlassian EAP in order to get access to Xray migration. You'll need to contact Xray support to get the EAP.

Otherwise, you'll have to rely on their Python tools : https://github.com/Xray-App/xray-cloud-mig

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Timothée Quesada June 17, 2021

Hi Alexis,
Thanks the answer.

I reached Xray support but they never answered regarding this EAP.
I thought it was no longer necessary...

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2021

Hi @Timothée Quesada 

I have searched for your request in our Support Service Desk and didn't found it.

Did you contact us through this portal (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com )?

Nevertheless, as @Alexis Robert said, it is necessary to sign up for the EAP.

This is the procedure for a while, probably until the end of the year.

Atlassian manages the EAP, and during the EAP phase, they will keep an eye on the process to make sure the migration is successful.

Without the EAP, only Jira data is migrated, the Xray data (or any other marketplace App) will not be migrated.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Goddey Ayegba December 2, 2021

Hi @Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter 

I'm also experiencing issues with Xray migration from server to cloud. How do enroll in the EAP?

Thanks

Goddey

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Goddey Ayegba 

The first step before starting a migration should be the enroll in the EAP.

Please check Atlassian documentation on how to get started with the app migration using JCMA and our documentation about the migration process here.

The EAP is promoted and managed by Atlassian; please check the Atlassian documentation: How we support cloud migrations and
the Early access program for app migration using Jira and Confluence Cloud Migration Assistants.

Currently, only customers accepted in the EAP will successfully migrate.

Please sign up for the EAP here, and Atlassian will send you a MOVE ticket (Atlassian support ticket), which we’ll be used to communicate updates and instructions on how to activate the app migration capabilities.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Like Goddey Ayegba likes this
Goddey Ayegba December 6, 2021

Thanks @Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter 

I've gone through all the steps and suggestions in the links you shared, but my Xray migration is still repeatedly stuck on 10%.

I've signed up for EAP. However, I'm still waiting for the MOVE ticket from Atlassian.

Thanks again,

Goddey

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2021

Hi @Goddey Ayegba 

The EAP has ended in the meantime; now, it is no longer necessary to follow the EAP process since the Jira Cloud Migration Assistance (JCMA) is public in beta version.

Would you please check this Atlassian documentation page for additional help on the way to proceed: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/use-the-jira-cloud-migration-assistant-to-migrate/

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders