Migrating part of Jira

Thomas Christensen March 25, 2019

Hi,

We're carving out from a bigger company and need to migrate a subset of Jira projects form a site to the cloud. The site is running datacenter 7.6.4 and will not be updated.

Anyone who has done something similar?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2019

Thomas, below is an article that deals with migrating from server to cloud that, while likely beneficial it isn’t exactly what you need. If you are just moving some projects what I recommend is the following:

1. backup your current server (always a good idea)
  2. stand up you cloud instance
  3. build your projects, workflows, schemes, etc. that match what you use in server for the projects to be moved. Yes this is manual. :-(
  4. export your server project’s issues one by one and import into cloud mapping to the new projects. I would recommend doing just a few issues first until you have the process working the way you want.

one other suggestion is to check the Marketplace as there are migration options there I believe that might help automate things.

article - migrating-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud

Thomas Christensen March 25, 2019

Thanks. Our Jira is too big for the manual approach to be feasible. We found the Configuration Manager plugin that might do the job.

Suggest an answer