Migrating 'a' project from Jira Server to Cloud

lavanyat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 9, 2015

We are trying to import a project (that currently resides in an instance ,on the JIRA server with our vendor) to our Jira cloud instance, that we have installed brand new.

We would like to migrate all the data from Jira, Agile board and Confluence. The suggestion from the vendor was to export and import the data as a csv file, as their backup will have all their other projects.

The csv import is turning out to be rather cumbersome at this point, is there a better way of doing this import?

Our Project currently has roughly 1300 user stories, 8 users, custom workflows and lots of attachments(that are proving tricky to import) both in Confluence and Jira. Normally how long would it take us/ our vendor if we were restoring the project through a xml backup.

Thanks,
Lavanya

1 answer

1 vote
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Hi, Lavanya.

You could try project migration, as explained here. This will not include plugin data, though (nor should CSV import). Also, it's not a trivial job.

Also, if you decide to stick to the CSV import, you can import all attachments more easily and at once using this, provided you keep the issue keys as they are (import them as well).

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer