Migrate users from one directory to another function is only migrating some users

deirdrerodgers January 28, 2021

I'm using the Migrate users from one directory to another feature on Jira and it is completing with the below message. Im migrating from my LDAP directory to my Jira internal directory as I am planning a migration to the cloud

215 of 1,562 users successfully migrated.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I had to

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi @deirdrerodgers 

As per this document, you must have them synced to the internal directory first and then migrate the instance.

Please follow the document here for more reference https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/determine-your-user-migration-strategy-991930388.html

Jira User Directory Migration.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

Thanks Pramodh . 

"As per this document, you must have them synced to the internal directory first and then migrate the instance."

Yes that is the stage that I am having an issue with . On my server I am using the feature under User Managment -> User Directories -> Migrate Users from One Directory to another

I am trying to migrate (sync) my AD directory to my Jira Internal Directory. It is saying that it is a success but it is only showing that 215 of 1500 users are copied over

""297 of 1,644 users successfully migrated."

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi @deirdrerodgers 

Sorry about the confusion.

Did you follow this link to migrate from LDAP to the internal directory

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/migrating-from-external-directory-to-jira-internal-user-directory-968659306.html

Hi @Pramodh M ,

No I havent tried it that way. I was using the console feature instead. Thanks for the link! It looks like it might work better for me this way . Ill try it out :)

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

@deirdrerodgers 
I'm wondering if for the current approach (migration via console feature) something meaningful was written to Jira logfiles. 1.347 users were not successfully migrated. I would expect that a reason is available - probably from atlassian-jira.log?
Have you had the chance to take a look?

Like Pramodh M likes this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2021

Hi @deirdrerodgers 

Please let me know if the link worked for you in migrating all the users, and as @Daniel Ebers said did you get a chance to look at the log files

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events