Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrate or copy information from a project to a new one

Hi

I want to migrate or copy the activities and all the information from an existing project in JiraCloud to a new project. Can this be done in Jira Cloud?
Or can I make a backup of a JiraCloud project and after doing my tests recover this backup?

3 answers

Are you working with issues in a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?

Are the Jira projects in the same Cloud instance?

You can use the Issue Move functionality to move issues from one project to another, and this will take all the history/activity associated with the issue. However, if you are moving issues between the above two project types, or between Team Managed projects, then

• links between child issues and Epics will be lost,
  • data in Custom Fields will be lost, and
  • Status values may have to be adjusted as the issue are moved,

due to the configuration information of a Team Managed project being entirely local to that one project.

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

I am working with issues on a Company Managed project.

Jira projects are in the same Cloud instance.

If I properly understand what you are telling me, then I would have to move the issues to the new project one by one. That's right?

I really appreciate your comments.

You can use the Bulk Change feature to Move multiple issues at one time.

During the Move process, you may be prompted to map fields/values that are in the original project to fields/values that are in the destination project for things like selection lists and status. Make sure that your destination project is already configured to have all the appropriate fields and values. If you choose to use the Bulk Change feature to move multiple issues, I would advise you to pick small subsets of issues to move to get familiar with the process. 

As @Trudy Claspill suggested, you can either move issues or if you want to play it safe you can clone & move. Refer to the following;

Clone and move 

Move an issue 

@Airbus Driver 

Thank you very much for the links. !!

0 votes

You can also have a look at our Jira cloud app Deep Clone for Jira.

With our app you can either:

If you have questions or feedback about our app, don't hesitate to contact us

Hi @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine 

Thank you very much for the application information. The option to clone a project completely would be very useful to me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

62 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you