Migrate Customer from server to Cloud

Sebastian Benz December 27, 2020

Hi,.

we ar e migrating from ServiceDesk Server to Cloud. Unfortunalety the customer can't log in to the new site Are there special permissions I have to set?

Kind regards
Sebastian

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

Hi Sebastian,

the customer wants to login to the portal, is this correct?
Is it a local account (customer) or does the customer log in using an Atlassian account?
In case it is a local account did you try to reset the password?

Did they tell you the exact error message? It could be of help.

How are the permission set for Jira Service Desk, your project and the permission scheme?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi, it,s a local Account. Customer only can Access the external Portal and raise Support-Tickets. Password reset works, but we have 800 customers migrated. I can Login with one of my Test Accounts, but Not with an other one. Configuration Looks the Same. Error Message incorrect Password

thanks for your help

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2020

I am out of further ideas in this step. Maybe this is something support should help you also with.
From the outside I am puzzled why the password should be wrong now (looks like a collateral damage from migration).

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

@Sebastian Benz 

I am a bit confused when you say we migrated the users, do you have their accounts created in Jira?

Because with JSD your customers don't need an account so that you don't consume your licenses.

Please if you can elaborate little bit about how you manage the customers accounts.

I think that's where there is a problem. 

Best,

Fadoua

Sebastian Benz December 28, 2020

Hello,

thanks for your reply. I created some screenshots to describe the problem better: External users can create accounts and raise tickets. They have to use a username and password, so they can follow the ticket status in the External portal. I want to migrate all these users to the new cloud site.

In the service Desk project, I can only see 250 customers and a error message, when clicking on one.

In the administration interface, I can see all customers. At the moments  some customers can log in, some not. I do not know the difference.

Thanks
SebastianBildschirmfoto 2020-12-28 um 16.23.34.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-12-28 um 16.25.40.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-12-28 um 16.27.28.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

@Sebastian Benz I deleted the last screenshot as it has your customers contact which is not safe since anyone can see it.

Let me check then get back to you 

Sebastian Benz December 28, 2020

@Fadoua Ok, thank you. I searched in the community and found some similar issues but no solution. Is it a bug? I want to perform the productive migration until end of the year, id possible.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2020

Let me search and promise to get back to you

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2020

@Sebastian Benz 

I find Atlassian docs very helpful when I was migrating customers instances

Please check the following:

https://www.atlassian.com/migration/cloud

JSD will be slightly different than Jira as there is the portal access to external customers who don't have to have an account in Jira.

Best,

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2020

Hi, thanks for your reply. The Wohle Migration Works, only the external Customer don‘t have Access. I Hope it‘s a simple permission issue 

DATPROF January 14, 2022

I've got the same issue? What was the solution? 

Suggest an answer