Malicious attachments on Jira

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hi

We have picked up, through a cloud to cloud migration, that one of our file attachments were malicious and it was caught by the Sophos Antivirus. It appears to be a Trojan (Troj/Phish-ISB) 

We would like to avoid this in the first place so that no malicious or suspicious data is uploaded to Jira (or Confluence)

I would not expect an add-on as Security and data integrity should be core to the platform (which I know is) but this should have been picked up sooner.

Please advsie how this is best handled?

Thank you

Yatish

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2021

You'll need to talk to your people about their attempts to upload malware.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2021

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  - that we can do. But there can be a chance of someone unaware of uploading a file that may be malware. 

I have looked very briefly through https://www.atlassian.com/trust/security and I know there is no stone left unturned when it comes to Security. But if we picked up a Trojan with Sophos - it may be worth looking into?

Thank you

Suggest an answer