Make my Configure Fields be applied to all users of this Kanban board’s “Create Issue” option?

Deleted user December 24, 2020

When I hit “Create Issue” on the far top right corner (Configure Fields screen lets me select All or Custom), I am able to select or deselect my fields.

1.            But when my office mate on a different box opens the same Kanban board, his Configure Fields screen/fields are all greyed out (he’s unable to select/customize his fields).
  2.             Please tell me what’s going on.
  3.             How can I make my selection be applied to all users of this Kanban board’s “Create Issue” option?
  4.             Simply I want the same selection be applied to all users of this Kanban board’s “Create Issue”.

-              Same fields for all when they choose the Create Issue (of this Kanban board).

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

But when my office mate on a different box opens the same Kanban board, his Configure Fields screen/fields are all greyed out (he’s unable to select/customize his fields).

That leaves me a bit puzzling.

From a Suggestion with Atlassian I read:

The button "Configure fields" on first screen, when creating an issue, is always enable for users. The only possible workaround [to hide/or grey out/make it unusable] for this button is to set all fields as required/mandatory fields.

So that would imply all fields are required at the moment.
To my knowledge there is no other option that could lead to the greyed out button for your colleague.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

It is not possible to "share" your configuration you make with the custom field configuration with all others.

But an user with System Administrator permissions can create a screen with only the fields that you need and apply that to the project. That will take effect for all users. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events