Make attachment mandatory at issue creation

Aimane SBAI April 16, 2021

Hello Atlassian heroes,

I would like to make attachments mandatory (under condition) at issue creation (Customer portal).

Here is my scenario : IF customfield1 = value1 AND customfield2 = value2 THEN attachment is mandatory.

To achieve this, I did create a "Simple Scripted Validator" at Create transition.

Here is my script :

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def attachmentManager = ComponentAccessor.getAttachmentManager()
def hasAttachments = attachmentManager.getAttachments(issue).size() >= 1

if (cfValues['customfield1']?.value == "value1" && cfValues['customfield2']?.value == "value2" && !hasAttachments){
return false
} else {
return true
}

I did also try this :

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.AttachmentManager;

def attachments = issue.getAttachments();

if (cfValues['customfield1']?.value == "value1" && cfValues['customfield2']?.value == "value2" && attachments.size() >= 1){
return false
} else {
return true
}

But I got this kind of error :

Capture.PNG

Can you please help me achieve this ?

Jira Software version : 8.15.0

Jira Service Management version : 4.15.0

Script Runner version : 6.20.0

THANKS A LOT !

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

I think you can find the answer in this post. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Scriptrunner-Require-Attachment-on-transition/qaq-p/850615

You may need to modify the code slightly to add the condition to require the attachments only when your custom field(s) are in the specified state.

Aimane SBAI April 19, 2021

Thanks a lot !!!

Here is the code that worked for me :

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueFieldConstants
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.FileSystemAttachmentDirectoryAccessor
import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException

def attachmentDirectoryAccessor = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(FileSystemAttachmentDirectoryAccessor)
def temporaryAttachmentDirectory = attachmentDirectoryAccessor.getTemporaryAttachmentDirectory()

def mIssue = issue as MutableIssue

def attachmentNames = mIssue.getModifiedFields().get(IssueFieldConstants.ATTACHMENT)?.newValue

if(!attachmentNames) {
invalidInputException = new InvalidInputException("You must add an attachment")
}
Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Credit goes to @Mark Markov and Ryot for working out the code.

Steve Maccharoli August 11, 2021

@Aimane SBAI I am curious, how did you wrap the code that you said works for you above into the logic you were using for initially checking against a custom field?  I have the same use case as you (or so I think), where if Custom Field A = Value B, then attachment needs to be required on create.  I read the code above, but can't seem to see where it's checking against a custom field value prior to executing the attachment logic.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Like # people like this
Naveen Penta September 13, 2022

Its working

Naveen Penta September 13, 2022

Its working

OMAR MOHAMED AHMED MOHAMED FATHY August 28, 2023

@Steve Maccharoli do you have any solution on this >

0 votes
Christian Bär February 8, 2024

Thank you for this solution. This is the first out of three that works still in Jira  9.4.14 in 2024. The code given here by Aimane is quite different from that in the linked article

Kudos!

Suggest an answer