Looking for a way to display total linked Servicedesk tickets to JIRA story on Dashboard

Iman van Assum February 18, 2021

Hello Jira community,

Fresh account to ask this question basically.

One of the stakeholders of our development team would like us to give priority to the stories that have the most servicedesk stories linked, but I can't seem to access this list with any JQL I can find.

Is there some plugin our IT department can add to JIRA to enable this?

In essence we have 3 boards: servicedesk, problem-management, development. If enough issues are at servicedesk (JSD/JSM) for the same thing, a problem will be logged (also on JSD/JSM), and that is then linked to the bug/story on development's JIRA.

Our team's dashboard is on JIRA and ideally I can add a column to it and sort on "linked problem with most servicedesk issues".

Anyone have any advice for me how to approach this?

Kind regards,
Iman van Assum

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

You can’t get that from JQL. I found this addon that might give you just what you want but I have no experience with it - gauge-gadget Finally, you may be able to use Automation with a custom field that would increment the field ever time a link is added to an issue.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the input. I'm not very familiar with automation, that would be some kind of script running on the JIRA server that fires events to update the custom field?

But the main hurdle I still see is in the communication between JSD/JSM and JIRA, they each basically exist in their own little bubble and seem rather unaware of eachother's existence, would Automation get around that?

Kind regards,
Iman

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Ah sorry, i was assuming cloud and should have inspected your platform. Automation is built into Cloud and equates to Automation for Jira which is an addon for server.

Like Iman van Assum likes this

OK cool, no problem. I'm going to shop around internally for people who have managed to tackle their missing features with custom scripts running on JIRA server.

Thanks for putting me on a new path to a possible solution, will try to remember to update here for future reference if I end up answering my own question!

Suggest an answer