Localize Jira Servie Desk automation rule

Benjamin Ruoff September 5, 2018

Hi all, 

sorry but I can't find any info on how to localize automated responses in Jira Service Desk. 

Is there really no way? 

Regards

Benjamin

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

Hello Benjamin,

Can you please give us more details on what do you mean by "Localize" automated responses in Jira Service Desk?

You can view/create/edit/remove all your Service Desk automation rules by navigating to your project > Project settings > Automations.

You can have more information about this feature in the documentation below:

Automating your Service Desk

Benjamin Ruoff September 6, 2018

Sure no Problem. 

Ok what I was doing yesterday was the following:

I added a new automation rule Jira Service Desk is providing which is called "Close resolved issue" . As you can see in the attached Screenshot this rule sets the status of  a Ticket to closed if a customer doesn`t responds for 10d and adds an comment to the ticket.Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-06 um 17.52.14.png 

So my problem now is that the comment, which will be added by the automation, is not localizeable into german. We have completely localized the whole service desk in two languages, german and english, but the problem is now, if a german customer isn't responding to ticket he would get an english response. 

On the other hand if we edit the text in the add comment part of this automation to german an english speaking person will get a german translated comment. 

So is there any best practice how to solve this problem? I couldn't find anything useful in the docs.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

Hello Benjamin,

Unfortunately, JIRA indeed doesn't have this functionality, however, you can watch and vote on the feature request opened to implement it:

Ability to change the prefered JIRA language in my profile settings

For now, I can only recommend you to type your comment on both languages in your automation rule.

Benjamin Ruoff September 6, 2018

Hey Petterson, 

thank you very much for the Link you posted but this ticket is not describing the problem I have. It's just about changing your prefered language for the customer, which I guess he already can.

Even if this Ticket will be resolved it's not solving the automation rules localization problem. 

Even if there will be some kind of switch on the customer portal,  this does not necessarily mean that it's possible to translate automated comment responses.

Suggest an answer