List of fields used across all filters?

Jason J_ Fedelem June 15, 2021

We have some executives that want to know quite a bit of information about how we have JIRA set up.  They want us to move to ADO, which from what we can tell has fairly paltry features as compared to JIRA.  

I'm working on the list of business requirements as they relate to our current JIRA setup. There is one thing that I'm not sure is possible and wanted to ask.

We have around 100 filters that we use for different things.  I need to be able to come up with a list of all of the fields that we use in our filters.  This is going to be quite the long list, so doing it manually will take forever.  However, this alone should save our JIRA setup because ADO's filter functions are awful.

Is there a way to do this systematically or do I need to do it manually?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Hello @Jason J_ Fedelem 

You could use the REST API to get a list of the filters and that includes the jql of each filter. See:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-filters/#api-rest-api-3-filter-search-get

You might be able to construct something to parse the output to extract the fields named in the filters.

Jason J_ Fedelem June 16, 2021

Thanks. I thought about this approach and its the kind of solution I'm trying to avoid.  It may be necessary though.

Thanks for replying.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events