Links between sub task and story not syncing to Structure

Hannah May 3, 2023

Hiya,

Within a sub task I've deleted its current link to a parent story, and added a new link in to a different story so that it is the child of this story. 

This seems to have saved within the sub task, however doesn't display correctly on the structure. It is still sat underneath the original story, despite automation.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hi, @Hannah. Welcome to the community 👋

Are you referring to "capital S" Structure (as in the title) the Atlassian Marketplace app.? And, are you using Jira Cloud, or Jira Data Center (or Server)?

Answers to those questions would be helpful, however (assuming you are talking about Structure, which I believe you are) what you are describing should not happen. Nor have I heard of it happening.

It might be best for you to open a support ticket with the Structure team at Tempo.

Best,

-dave

Hannah May 3, 2023

Hey, thanks a lot for your message!

Ah, sorry that was misleading - I was actually referring to the structures that can be created within Jira, not a marketplace app.

I'm fairly sure it's not on Jira Cloud - just a server. 

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Okay. Cool.  To tell if you are on Server or Cloud look at the URL.  It it's <something.atlassian.net> you're on Cloud.  Of it's <something.<yourcompany.url> you are on Server (or Data Center). :)

A screenshot of the before and after may help, too.  Sometimes there are unexpected links (created by someone else) between issues.

-dave

Hannah May 4, 2023

Ok cheers, it's definitely a Server then.

It's difficult to get hold of a screenshot of this issue. But the link tree within the sub task just showed a singular sub task linked to a singular parent story

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2023

What does it say just above the "link tree," @Hannah.   I.e., What is the heading? 

Suggest an answer