Linking issues between KanBan and Classic projects

Jaime G January 28, 2021

Hi, I'm new to the next-Gen Kanban project feature. I've been reading up on it but I can't seem to find an answer to my question. Is there a way to link issues from a Classic project to a Kanban project? 

I'm wanting to create a KanBan for better tracking but I don't want to lose the information we already have in our classic project. 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hello @Jaime Galloway 

If you have a NextGen project that has a Kanban board, you cannot modify that board to pull data from other projects.

You don't have to create a NextGen project to get a kanban board. You can create a new Kanban board that references your Classic project.

Jaime G January 28, 2021

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that feature. Thank you!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

For Classic projects, boards are based on Filters. You can create Saved Filters that pull all issue from a single project, a subset of issues, or issues from multiple projects. You can have several boards referencing the same issues and projects.

To create a new board, pull down the board selection in the navigation pane. You should see Create Board at the bottom of the list.

If you have more questions about the process, let us know.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 12.22.20 PM.png

Jaime G January 28, 2021

How did I not know about this? Haha. Thank you, thank you! That's exactly what I needed :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events