Linking Jira Cloud To Asana - What Permissions Need To Be Granted In Jira?

Daniel Byrne October 16, 2021

Hi all, trying to integrate Jira Cloud service with Asana for a customer and having trouble, hoping the hive mind may have a solution!

What permissions do I need to grant the customer within Jira to link their account to Asana? I set up an Asana account for myself and linked it to my Jira admin account with no issues, however when the customer tries to link their Jira account, they get an error at the authorization stage saying they do not have an account at Attlassian to link. 

Customer does not have access to the full help desk, they are a portal customer and can raise requests for us through there. On Asana page it mentions they need the 'create issue' permission, so I granted that to them and they still get the same error of not having an Attlassian account to link. I temporarily added myself as a customer to our Jira and when using that account I encountered the same error message when trying to integrate with Asana. 

Can portal customers be integrated with Asana, is it just a case that they do not have the right permissions granted yet? Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events