Link issue with a issue-trigger automation

Надежда Баженова December 5, 2021

Hi! 

I have a case: link a issue with issue-trigger.

I have 2 rules in different projects:

1) (in project EM) status = test and issue type = (task, story, bug) and lables = designreview => create issue in project DDimage.png

2) (in project DD) issue create and issue type = designreview => assignee to person and link issue with issue-triggerimage.png

But, when rule is done, there is an error:

image.png

Please help me understand what i'm doing wrong :(

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Надежда Баженова 

You have to link the issue from the first rule that you run, and not from the second. In the latter case (the second rule) you try to link the issue with the trigger issue. But the trigger issue is the issue itself :/

However, in the first rule you have two separate issue. The trigger issue, which has all the conditions you search for, and the target issue, which is the issue created in the project DD. So when you create the issue, you have to set the link as well.

Hope that helps!

Надежда Баженова December 6, 2021

Hey!

I added a rule for link issue to the last created task in the first rule and now everything works. Thank you!

image.png

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Good to know @Надежда Баженова !

Glad to be of assistance! :)

Suggest an answer