Limited Access to customer

Nisar Ahmad: M-499
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2022

I have a client that would like access to see his project's Items. Is there a way to give him limited, read only access where customer cant see issues/effort logged against an items? Basically i want to share below information with customer

1) Items which are inporgress along with current status and completion date, however don't want to share number of bugs reported against any of the item and logged effort

2) Back log items

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Nisar Ahmad: M-499  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The client will need a Jira license if this is a Jira Software Projects (JSW). If it is a Jira Service Management project (JSM), then they need to be a Customer. 

If JSW, give the client user Browse Project permissions in the Permission Scheme attached to the project - but no other permissions. 

Make sure all of your other permission schemes have permissions setup to exclude any users not associated with the project (i.e. that they use Project Roles). 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events