Labels not appearing for Classic projects in new Issue view

john_trasler November 20, 2020

In the new Jira issue view, Labels only appear for Next Gen projects; they do not appear for Classic projects. Every configuration option we evaluate indicates that Labels should be visible, but they are not.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Hi @john_trasler 

Where are you not seeing Labels for Classic projects?  You may add them to the cards displayed in the Backlog and Board using the board settings.

Best regards,

Bill

Thanks Bill. They are not in the Issue view at all. According to the settings in the Project and the Board, they should appear; but they do not.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Thanks, John.

Are you using the new issue views, or the original?  I just checked both and I still see labels.

You next step could be to use the Admin Helper to find your field.  Looks like you are site admin so you should be able to try that.  Here is the how-to:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

If instead you mean the Labels drop-down on the board, which allows filtering, that is a NextGen feature.  For Classic ones, you have much more control by creating your own Quick Filters under board settings.

Actually, they do appear in Epics. But not Stories, Tasks, or Bugs.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2020

Thanks; that does sound like a view or field selection issue.  Please try that admin helper for one of the stories, tasks, or bugs where the labels are not visible to see how that helps.

Thanks Bill. The Admin helper seems to speak to whether an Issue can be viewed. I can certainly see the Issue; I just can't see Labels

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2020

Gotcha...  Note in the documentation where it says there is a link "Where is my field?"  When an admin views an issue they can see that link, select it, and be guided toward making the field available.

Hi Bill. I solved the problem. It appears to be an issue with the way we have set up tabs within the Issue Configure screen. I needed to move Labels from one tab to another. Thank you for your help! 

Like # people like this
Ian Kleinfeld October 17, 2023

From what tab to what tab? Can you share an image? thanks :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events