Kanban board within a project

Rania Haddadin February 4, 2021

Hello, I created a kanban board within a project that is agile. All of the user stories got linked to the kanban board and they are also in the project. How can I remove/move them out of the kanban board to have a clean slate without removing them from the project?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

@Rania Haddadin 

Welcome to the community.  

You can adjust the filter that the Kanban board uses to exclude stories. 

SERVER
On the board in the upper right hand corner click board -> configure and you will see the filter it is using to pull issues onto the board.  You can then edit that filter by clicking edit filter query and make adjustments to the JQL to only display issues on the board that meet the specified criteria.  

CLOUD
On the board in the upper right hand corner click three dots -> board settings and you will see the filter it is using to pull issues onto the board.  You can then edit that filter by clicking edit filter query and make adjustments to the JQL to only display issues on the board that meet the specified criteria.  

If you are on a next gen project then it does not allow you to use kanban nor edit the board.

I figured it out, thank you so much for your help

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

If you move them to Done (last column) and use Release they will disappear. If you don’t want to release then edit the board sub-filter to move some issue off board. 

If I move them to done, won't it move in both boards? If so, I don't want to do that. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

I’m confused. Are you saying that you want the issues to clear from a single board. Basically if you don’t want issues shown in the board then you need to ensure the filter that defines the board excludes the issues you don’t wish to see. 

That's correct, I need to figure out how to create a filter

Jack, I figured it out, thank you so much for your help

Suggest an answer