Kanban board not visible

Lisa Fitzgerald August 26, 2021

For some reason I can't get my kanban board on Jira to be visible.  I have rebooted, etc.  I can't even check my settings as it's grayed out.  Any ideas what is wrong?

jira image.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2021

Hi @Lisa Fitzgerald,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Have you tried using an incognito window to see if that helps? Or a different browser? You could also try and clear out your cache and browser history to see if that helps.  

Lisa Fitzgerald August 26, 2021

I did actually try both, changing browsers and clearing my cache & browser history.  Darn

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2021

Hi @Lisa Fitzgerald -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I wonder if there is something bent/broken with the view.  You could try to go to the all projects list, select your company-managed project, and see if that takes you to a new view.

It also appears you are not using a backlog for your project, and so "to do" is mapped to your board.  Is that correct?

Best regards,
Bill

Lisa Fitzgerald August 30, 2021

my particular board is actually one that I developed for me that pulled in all cards assigned to me from multiple boards that I support and their status.  I don't know if that's the problem?  did some update go out that makes that linking no longer an option?   I can't confirm the mapping of "to do" because nothing is visible on my board.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2021

Lisa, please try going to your board settings (the ... menu on the right of the page) to check the mapping.  It may still be accessible if you try hovering over it.  Thanks!

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

Be aware that there is a limit on how many issues that can be shown on a board, so if you cannot get to the board settings that @Bill Sheboy mentioned, try and see if you can go and change the filter used by the board to limit the number of issues it return.

Suggest an answer