Jira software (cloud) is not batching emails

Giedrius Kazakevičius May 9, 2023

I've seen the recent update in this suggestion JRACLOUD-1369, however we still receive notifications via email for every single action (issue assigned, commented, status changed, etc.) even if they happened within seconds of one another. Is it possible to solve this issue so that notifications which happened within 3 or 5 minute window would get batched into one email? We're not using a custom email if that matters. 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Hi @Giedrius Kazakevičius 

The problem you are facing shouldn't actually be a problem on cloud. I mean cloud, out of the box, is batching emails in 3-5 minutes and doesn't actually sends out emails immediately. So I have to ask if your instance is really on cloud (because batching is available on server). Read this post as well https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-the-Batch-Email-Notifications-feature-available-in-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/1031512

Giedrius Kazakevičius May 10, 2023

Yes, we most definitely are using the cloud version, which is why I'm surprised we're encountering this problem, because indeed I've read that it usually functions as it should out of the box. 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

If you are sure that the notification you are receiving is not from another app or automation, then I would suggest that you open a request directly to Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events