Jira "View All Projects" Page not working Edited

I have an issue that affects all jira users. I have Jira server 7.3.5. I have scoured the community and dont see anything for this.

Users navigate to Jira -> Project -> View All Projects and the page that loads is totally blank. It has no projects or the Side navigation that usually goes there.As an admin I can see the projects under the admin Projects panel.

I have tried re indexing the DB and this did not fix.

I have checked Permission Schemes and default is set to browse all projects.  

was thinking the actual page needs to be restored.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 2018-09-28 21_17_08-Window.png

2 answers

Hi Jason,

do you get any errors in the application log when accessing this page?

Best

JP

I checked the atlassian-jira.log file and dont see many errors. The few I did see I am not sure are related to BrowseProjects.jspa. Here is the only error I saw. I am not that familiar with it. I see several that are different jira project names so its possible its related.

2018-08-13 12:14:43,212 https-jsse-nio-443-exec-193 ERROR anonymous 734x1734986x1 471o0i 216.240.188.2 /browse/BI [c.a.j.w.f.steps.requestcleanup.WebworkActionCleanupStep] Thread corrupted! ActionContext still references a HttpRequest. URL: 'https://jira.closingcorp.com/browse/BI'. Attempted to clean up: true

I found this bug for the above mentioned log error but no indication it causes any UI related issue. So I don't think its related to my blank projects page. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-63363

0 votes

Hello @Jason Banzer, have you tried running the JIRA Database Integrity Checker and JIRA Safe Mode to see if the issue still persists?

Integrity checker checked out all good. Not familair with safe mode. Any idea how to replace the entire page?

I'm not too sure what you mean by "replace the entire page". But by entering JIRA Safe Mode, this will disable all the user installed plugins, making JIRA to run purely. This is a great way to determine if a third-party plugin is causing the issue.

To enable JIRA Safe Mode, go to Administration > Add-ons > Manage add-on, then click 'Enter safe mode' (located at the bottom of the plugin list). Since it will disable all the plugins, this is best to be made during JIRA downtime to avoid affecting the other users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

2,073 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you