It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira "View All Projects" Page not working Edited

Jason Banzer Sep 28, 2018

I have an issue that affects all jira users. I have Jira server 7.3.5. I have scoured the community and dont see anything for this.

Users navigate to Jira -> Project -> View All Projects and the page that loads is totally blank. It has no projects or the Side navigation that usually goes there.As an admin I can see the projects under the admin Projects panel.

I have tried re indexing the DB and this did not fix.

I have checked Permission Schemes and default is set to browse all projects.  

was thinking the actual page needs to be restored.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 2018-09-28 21_17_08-Window.png

2 answers

0 votes
Jan-Peter Rusch Sep 29, 2018

Hi Jason,

do you get any errors in the application log when accessing this page?

Best

JP

Jason Banzer Oct 02, 2018

I checked the atlassian-jira.log file and dont see many errors. The few I did see I am not sure are related to BrowseProjects.jspa. Here is the only error I saw. I am not that familiar with it. I see several that are different jira project names so its possible its related.

2018-08-13 12:14:43,212 https-jsse-nio-443-exec-193 ERROR anonymous 734x1734986x1 471o0i 216.240.188.2 /browse/BI [c.a.j.w.f.steps.requestcleanup.WebworkActionCleanupStep] Thread corrupted! ActionContext still references a HttpRequest. URL: 'https://jira.closingcorp.com/browse/BI'. Attempted to clean up: true

Jason Banzer Oct 03, 2018

I found this bug for the above mentioned log error but no indication it causes any UI related issue. So I don't think its related to my blank projects page. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-63363

0 votes
Irfan Mazli Mazuki Atlassian Team Oct 01, 2018

Hello @Jason Banzer, have you tried running the JIRA Database Integrity Checker and JIRA Safe Mode to see if the issue still persists?

Jason Banzer Oct 02, 2018

Integrity checker checked out all good. Not familair with safe mode. Any idea how to replace the entire page?

Irfan Mazli Mazuki Atlassian Team Oct 04, 2018

I'm not too sure what you mean by "replace the entire page". But by entering JIRA Safe Mode, this will disable all the user installed plugins, making JIRA to run purely. This is a great way to determine if a third-party plugin is causing the issue.

To enable JIRA Safe Mode, go to Administration > Add-ons > Manage add-on, then click 'Enter safe mode' (located at the bottom of the plugin list). Since it will disable all the plugins, this is best to be made during JIRA downtime to avoid affecting the other users.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Demo Den Ep. 5: Meet Jira Mobile

See how to use Jira on the go! Demo Den Episode 5 is here: meet Jira Mobile with  Jira  Product Manager Rayen Magpantay.  Demo Den is in our monthly series where a Jira PM demonstrates...

301 views 1 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you