Jira import csv, epic assignment

이연주
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 11, 2024

Hi

I have some problem importing the issue by csv file.

I want to assign each issue to epic, but it doesn't work.

I tried epic name, epic link and used epic key.

"IW-3", "Bug Report Web", "exact link"

How can I assign the epic? Please let me know.

Thank you.

• Issue skipped [externalId='autoid--3773037203960290401', summary='null']: Blank summary detected. Such issue cannot be imported
  • Issue skipped [externalId='autoid-1148000055033622819', summary='null']: Blank summary detected. Such issue cannot be imported
  • Issue skipped [externalId='autoid--1891211484752346264', summary='null']: Blank summary detected. Such issue cannot be imported
  • Issue skipped [externalId='autoid--5196612969688329798', summary='null']: Blank summary detected. Such issue cannot be imported

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

Hi @이연주  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The error message says you are missing the Summary field. Is that field in your CSV file? Is it mapped correctly when doing the import? 

0 votes
Christopher Maxwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

Hi @이연주  and welcome to the Atlassian Community Forums!

Are you working in a Company Managed or Team Managed project?

Here's a thread that should be helpful;

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Issue-Bulk-Importing-how-do-I-import-the-epic-Link/qaq-p/1855613

as well as: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-import-stories-linked-to-epics-in-jira/qaq-p/373117

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events