Jira filter column search will not display all search results for field "Status"

My business has alot of custom fields with status is the name. When trying to add status to a filter column the search will say "27 more options. Continue typing to refine further." That doesn't help when we are searching for the jira standard field "Status".

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown Community Champion Aug 31, 2017

Hey Duane,

When you are entering your query, you should just be able to type "status =" or "status in" and continue with the status you want to search for from there.

JIRA should detect that you're looking for the native status field.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Hello Tyler,

In this instance I am talking about adding a column for status and the the column search won't display all the search results to display Status as an option.

Thanks

Tyler Brown Community Champion Aug 31, 2017

Apologies for the confusion.  Is there any way you could remove some of the custome fields or rename them?

You could also try hitting "Restore Defaults" under the search bar.  That will (I believe) bring back the Status column.

Tyler

Unfortunately all custom fields are in use and the restore defaults does not bring it back.

If "restore defaults" does not get it back, then your administrators have changed the defaults.  You should get them to add the status proper back to the defaults.

I'm afraid that's one of the only two option now, recent UI changes have broken the work-around.  The other option is to address your "fielditis", as Tyler suggested - 27 status is probably around 20 too many.

Is there documentation on how to change the defaults on admin side? I have admin privleges but this issue still appears when searching under "system defaults" columns.

Not sure there's a doc, but it's pretty much the same place.

When you log in as an admin, go to the three tabs (My defaults, filter, system), and click system, then a "restore defaults" will appear for that (along with a warning that you may affect all users).  That will reset the system defaults completely.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,629 views 22 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you