• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira automation rules have suddenly stopped executing

I've been developing a rule, now all of a sudden it has stopped being triggered after functioning fine for several days. Nothing is being added to the audit logs indicating they are not even being executed. Is the service not working? We rely on these rules so need them working again asap. Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Nov 25, 2020

There is a known and active Atlassian reported issues w/ Automations - https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/incidents/x5yqyntc3kys 

0 votes

Cyrus,

Is this a rule which spans multiple projects? If so, the fact that you are on a standard plan could be the culprit. There are limits to how many times per month you can run cross project rules. For the standard plan the limit is 500.

If these are not multi project rules, can you post some screenshots of the configurations?

Thanks,

Kian

2020-11-25 15_11_46-Project automation - Jira and 6 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.pngit just one rule, I have been developing recently. 

It simply looks for a change in one of three fields of an issue and then calculates a value for another field using advanced JSON code, I was adding to the code today, and it just stopped, no errors, nothing. the only records are showing configuration changes. 

there are only two steps at this time.2020-11-25 15_14_10-Project automation - Jira and 6 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy Community Leader Nov 25, 2020

Hello Cyrus,

Automation still works fine on my side,

However is your rule a Global rule ? Because there exists a limitation in Jira in the number of Global rules you can execute each moth (1000 executions a month in the Standard plan if I'm remembering correctly).

If yes, I would advise you to copy your rule in each project that needs it, because there is no limitation regarding Projet Rules.

Let me know if it helped, 

Guilhem

it is just a project rule

Jack Community Leader Nov 25, 2020

they are working on a fix... you might want to subscribe to updates.

been periodically testing, and it worked a couple of times, then did a config change, and back to not working.

no, it's working, just with a 4-minute lag. progress! but still to slow for development

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,073 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you