Jira Support for Mechanical Product Development and Sustaining Engineering

Rubal Verma March 26, 2021

I am interested to find if there are out of box solutions for managing mechanical product development (NPI) issues and or sustaining engineering in Jira. Are there any use cases and success stories that we can refer to?

2 answers

0 votes
Harish S. Rao December 4, 2022

A reference of the NPD/Product Development process that is available in public domain has been shared here for ALTASSION team's reference. This is an example from a webinar video of MIT Sloan School of management.

JIRA Project and JIRA Big picture tools must eb able to support such industrial project processes not just managing "issues / service tickets".

Lionel Lai August 30, 2023

Hi Harish,

Lionel here, I came across your message and is in line with what I was researching. Might I ask you where do I find this webinar video that you mentioned?

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2021

Hello @Rubal Verma,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I know it has been almost three weeks since you posted this question and I was waiting to see if someone with experience in this area would add their use cases. 

Unfortunately, I don’t understand much about what you asked. 

Searching for similar threads, internal tickets, and documentation, I didn’t find anything that could help us. 

On Google, if I search for the keywords you added + Jira, what returns is your question here in community. 

In this case, the best option would be to keep testing Jira and share with us specific questions about the features. I can see that you are a user on a Premium site, but you can create a Free site to create projects and use the features to build a workflow, boards, issue types, fields, and so on. 

You can also check our Youtube channel that has a lot of awesome how-to videos.

I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful on this. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Rubal Verma April 12, 2021

I appreciate the suggestions. Unfortunately I do not have the resources to spend a lot of time on this subject. Could we raise a request with the Dev team at Atlassian to look into this. I am sure that a lot of folks will benefit from it.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

Hi Rubal,

I am not familiar on how mechanical product development works, so there is nothing much I can help with here.

There are chances that you can already do everything with our existing tools and you can maybe find useful the information in the below link (that also includes customers success stories):

Dear Altassian team,

Please do focus on making the JIRA Projects a real engineering product development tool; I do see a huge gap when compared to industry peers in project management tools; Applying NPD and Stage Gate models of product development is the norm for all major OEMs and industrial organization across the globe.

Screenshot 2022-12-04 125106.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events