Jira Service Desk is licensed but not currently installed.

Hamza Siddique October 29, 2018

I have disabled few user installed plugins and immediatley after that I started getting this error. I am very new to JIRA please help.

it was working fine previously and after this error my customer user is not able to login.

jiraerror.PNG

The list of plugins I disabled.

jiraerror.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

Hi,

you should enable all of them - those are pre-installed and especially one for Service Desk. After you enable it it should work as before.

ATST plugin is also very useful.

I have disabled it because one of my user is getting raw json string when he tries to login from the browser.

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

Only one or also someone another? Can you replicate that behaviour (and if yes post screenshot)?

jiraerror.PNG

Thats the screen he sees when he tries to login with the customer user.. I was trying to disable the plugins to see if it will effect. but disabling them gave me more headache now the customer user is not able to login at all and giving this error on login :

"You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your JIRA administrators."

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2018

yeah this is what I was trying to apply but now getting JIRA Service not installed. Can you please help me out of it? because even after enabling all the plugins still I am getting the same error.

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2018

Try restart of application and post list of plugins.

Did you made upgrade before errors start appeared?

I have tried restarting it already. I have not done any upgrade.jiraerror.PNG

jiraerror.PNGAlthough I just noticed that I am also getting this error on the upgrade page

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2018

Please post list of your plugins (screenshot with full size, I mean showing if there are updates etc.) if 13 of them failed then this could be a reason.

sorry for that question, but from where I could get the complete list of plugins with size ?

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2018

I mean something like this with buttons on right side.

Výstřižek.PNG

Sorry for the late response but these are the plugins installed. I have not included all the system plugins.

11.PNG22.PNG

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2018

Try to enable all Service desk pplugins which are disabled

those were by default I never touched them by the way.

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2018

Probably yes, but when you disable "Service Desk Internal Base plugin" then it disable those.

what is re indexing ,JIRA asks me to do it every time after disabling or enabling the plugin. I did it previously also. Could it be the cause ?

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2018

Here is complete description of indexing:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-indexing-faq-776654790.html

Yes, when you finish work with plugins, custom fields, configuration, etc then you should make reindexing.

Do you think changing the plugin states like in the answer below will help ?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-7-upgrade-Startup-Failed/qaq-p/286111

because I am not getting the option to enable the plugins at the moment. or is there any other way to enable the disabled plugins ?

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2018

Try follow your link.

Then if it will not help try to click on install button on Applications page. But first create backup. It looks like something is really wrong with your instance and probably will be better take last backup and recover it in new instance.

How to migrate: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-938846962.html

Suggest an answer