Jira Labs causing Jira Automation rule to fail

Bob van Rooij December 1, 2020

Hi!

I've created a simple flow in Jira Automation. This will trigger on the change of field 'assignee' and then execute an action. This works fine for me, but not for some of my colleagues.

It seems that they have the 'Jira labs' on, and changing assignee doesn't trigger my created flow.

So, changing assignee with Jira Labs on doesn't trigger my flow (it doesn't display the change icon)

changing assignee without Jira labs on does trigger my flow.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

Hi Bob,

I am not aware of how Jira Labs would factor into what is going on at all. That's really weird. 

Can you share some more information, such as a screenshot of your rule and the audit log after you run it both with Jira Labs on and Jira Labs off? 

Hi John!

Thank you for your quick reply.
The change of assignee with jira labs on doesn't trigger anything, so no errors in the audit log.

My flow looks like:

image.png

And the log shows: 

image.png

You can see the minutes between the executions, that was me switching between JIRA Labs on and JIRA labs off :-)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

Thanks for sharing. And just so we are on the same page, when you talk about Jira Labs - is that a separate add-on app? Or the one that is used by going to Personal Settings from your Avatar?

The one that you can turn on/off from your personal settings:

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2020

@Simmo  - Have you seen that before? That is very strange that it is the only thing different in whether the rule runs or not. 

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2020

Hey @John Funk & @Bob van Rooij ,

This is rather strange indeed. I haven't seen anything like this. 

Would be a good idea to get this into support so that we can take a proper look.

Cheers,

Simeon.

Like # people like this

Thanks @Simmo  en @John Funk , I've created a support ticket for this.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events