Jira Free - Story points

Patrick Joalland August 30, 2022

Do we have Story Points in Jira Free? I'm struggling to find how to get them...

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Hi Patrick,

Yes, those should be available for Free accounts.

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

Hi John, thank you for your help.

You are right, I was running a team-managed project, which has too much limitation. I did not get the difference between team-managed and company-managed.

Thank a lot!

Like # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Hi @Patrick Joalland - Yes story points are in the free version.  By default, they appear in the "More Fields" section of the issue.

Hi @Mark Segall, thank you for your help.

If Story Points are in the free version, I really do not know where to look for... Please see below what I get. It's been 1 hour I am trying to figure out how to get Story Points...

image.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Very interesting... My Team-Managed project has a field called Story Point Estimate.  I'm looking into why you don't have this available in your project.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

You need to enable estimations on your project:

https://INSTANCE.atlassian.net/jira/software/projects/PROJECTKEY/settings/features

You are right!

I wasted so much time on this today... Nevermind, at least it works.

Thank you all

Like Mark Segall likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Yay!!

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Awesome! As long as you reach the destination, it makes the journey worth it.  🙂

0 votes

In the post below someone seems to be asking the same, but did not solve:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Missing-story-points-field/td-p/1779301

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events