Jira Email notifications stopped since Monday January 11th 2021

nigel.bannister January 14, 2021

Hi guys,

I'm the Jira Administrator, but I am not receiving email notifications on new cases/case updates, new assignees etc since Monday 11th January.

Other colleagues are getting the notifications.

No changes were made to my email settings/rules.

I have checked all notification settings in Jira and they show I should be getting notifications.

Please assist me in checking what the issue could be

Thanks

N

2 answers

0 votes

Liam,

Response from Atlassian Support.... :-)

Reviewing this ahead, I could find that this is because your email address had been added to the mail suppression list from the backend.

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [DB5EUR01FT036.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I do apologize for this inconvenience, however, please note that this can happen when an email from Atlassian is bounced back by the recipient's mailbox server. Any subsequent emails would then automatically get blocked if an email from Jira is not able to reach the user.

N

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Glad to know neither of us had missed anything and it is now sorted!

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Hi @nigel.bannister 

Have you tried the notification helper?  If so, what was the outcome?

If you haven't, please see below article on how to use it.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

Hope that helps,

Regards, Liam 

Hi Liam, Thanks for the quick response -

Yep- I had used the Notification Helper - and it advises "(User) receives notifications for the 'Issue Created' event"....

:-) Thanks....

Cannot see any reason why this just stopped

N

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2021

Are you receiving any notifications at all from Jira?

No- None.

N

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2021

Have you tried any test cases - different ones where you're the reporter, the assignee, mentioned in a comment?

If they don't work then have you checked your personal settings in Jira and your email spam filter?

Hi Liam,

Creating a case, assigning myself to a case, being mentioned - nope. No notifications.

Personal Email settings in Jira - I have checked everywhere and can see nothing which would stop emails being sent to me.

Spam filter has also not been changed, and no Jira mails in the Spam folder,

N

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2021

If you're doing the tasks yourself, then you won't be getting notifications as you're doing the work.

Can you take a screenshot of your permissions section please?

2021-01-14 10_20_43-Window.png

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2021

They all look correct... I have to admit that I'm stumped Nigel.

I'd suggest the next step is to contact Atlassian support and see if they can look into your specific instance and see if there is a problem.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Regards, Liam

Hey- Thanks for all the help Liam :-)

Good to know I wasnt doing something silly, or missing something simple.

I'll raise a ticket and see what might be happening.

Keep Safe and Well.

Nigel

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2021

You too Nigel, let m know the outcome

Penny Redhead January 18, 2021

Me too. None of our internal staff have received email since late December. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events