Jira Cloud for Excel not working

Patrick Timmons January 6, 2021

Installed the Jira Cloud for Excel add in to my office 365 however it has never worked. 

I dont receive any errors or information to help explain why, just the loading icon constantly spinning. 

JIraExcel1.pngJIraExcel2.png

When I run fiddler to look at the web traffic I get a 400 Bad Request when talking to a jira end point.

JIraExcel3.png

Have tried clearing all credentials, uninstalling / reinstalling the add-in, etc. even to try and get the add-in to force me to the login screen but with no success.

Anyone have any ideas, would appreciate it.

1 answer

0 votes
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

I'm not quite sure where to start with this. I use this tool all the time but I must admit that I think something has changed recently. I've found I need to open it in the 365 cloud first before I can open it on my desktop. I mention this because it appears that you might also be using Firfox as a browser.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021
Patrick Timmons January 8, 2021

Thanks for the reply.  

For info, it's chrome I use for my browser, and have tried also using online excel as part of 365 too and it has the same problem.  

Installed office 365 on my personal laptop yesterday, which happens to be very similar model to my work laptop (Lenovo thinkpad), fired up excel, installed the add-in, and it all worked fine out of the box.  

My suspicion is there are cached credentials somewhere which is causing this but have been unable to track down just what to clear.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

Gotta love the IT guys. You're probably right in your suspicion although I see it as a "what did they just update" kind of thing. 🤣Good luck with that. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events