Jira Cloud for Excel Functions stopped working

jbruno June 22, 2020

I have some VBA that creates a new spread sheet, then pops in a Jira function

Here is an example.

=@JIRA.JQL("project = CLIENT and issuetype = 'Client' order by summary","key, summary, status, linked issues",,)

The plug-in worked beautifully. It would grab the data, everything was right in the world.

Then it stopped working.  I had someone else at my company try it, it doesn't work for them either. 

It looks like it is trying to import data, but just does nothing. 

import.JPGI am able to open a new sheet and click the 'Get Data Now' and have it pull in data, so I know I can connect to Jira.

And yes...

1. I did try a different copy of my workbook

2. Rebooted

3. Made sure it wasn't just me.

4. Rebooted again.

5. Googled

Thanks for the help!

2 answers

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2020

Hello,

Just to double-check, since a similar issue was fixed on the 24th of June:

Can you kindly let me know if you are still facing the issue or if it is already solved? 

Cheers,
Dario

jbruno June 30, 2020

Hi Dario,

It's still broken.

Thanks,

Joel

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2020

Hello @jbruno ,

I spoke to the app developers and they said:

The JIRA.JQL() function is only working if the app is opened.

According to the error message the user should open the task pane with our app, then activate JIRA.JQL() function.

Firstly the user has to run JIRA.JQL() manually and then try to use VBA.

If this does not help, please ask them to report a bug using the in-app form:

image (2).png

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

jbruno July 1, 2020

Thanks @Dario B ,

I just logged a bug request. (PIF-4535)

As I mentioned in the original post, I had it all up and running perfectly for myself and others in my organization. Then I came in on a Monday morning and it stopped working for everyone.

Let's see what other information your development team needs. 

Thanks again,

Joel

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2020

You are very welcome @jbruno ! 

I will ping the ticket number to dev as well and I will mention that it stopped working on Monday (around Friday last week a fix was released and could have caused undesired side-effects).

Dario.

s.christie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2020

Is this issue resolved btw? I'm having the same problem :(

jbruno July 22, 2020

It has not. The ticket is still open. 

It looked like my Microsoft Admin had enabled the Jira plug in and pushed it down to all users. 

I had them revert the setting but still having the same problem. I need to ping At;assian support. I reached out earlier this week to try to have a live session with them. No response yet. I'll keep this ticket updated as events unfold. 

Like Dario B likes this
jbruno July 23, 2020

@s.christie . 

FWIW, I am still using the workaround until the issue is resolved. You can put the formulas in, open it in Excel online and get your data. Once the data is in the spreadsheet, load it back up on the desktop Excel and run the macro. Less than ideal, but it will keep you moving for the time being.

Like Dario B likes this
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 14, 2021

@jbruno has this problem been resolved since?

I collected other errors folks experience with Jira Cloud for Excel and how to fix them. Browse them and see if any of those suggestions help.

0 votes
jbruno June 22, 2020

A little more information. 

The desktop version is still not working. I tried uninstalling / reinstalling the plug in. No dice.

I was able to get the data by using the online version of Excel, then opening the data backup in the desktop and running my macros.

Antony Watson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2020

Anyone got a how to downgrade plan?

Randy Jones
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 23, 2020

it is in the temp folder

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events