Jira Cloud can't find "Mark as Done"

Wei Wang April 25, 2021

I'm trying to close an Epic by selecting "Mark as Done" in the backlog. However there is no drop down menu on the side in the Backlog screen. Can someone please help? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 5.15.44 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Wei Wang April 27, 2021

For those who have the same question - I've figured it out. The problem is my project is a team-managed project. By switching to a company-managed project, it solves the problem.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Perfect! Butr to be honest, marking an epic as done should also work in team-managed projects.

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

Dear @Wei Wang ,

welcome to the community!

Marking an epic as done is no status transition but simply the modification of the custom field called "Epic Status". It's set from "to-do" to "done".

To perform this, you need at least the project permission "edit issue".

Can you please open the epic in another browser tab (extend epic by clicking on '>', then middle mouse click on issue key link).?

Can you then edit any field of that epic?

So long

Thomas

Wei Wang April 25, 2021

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the suggestion. Please see the screenshots below. I can edit the epic (this is a personal project where I'm the only owner), but I don't see any custom field called "Epic Status" in the 'configure'. How should I fix this? 

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 7.12.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-25 at 7.13.03 PM.png

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2021

Dear @Wei Wang ,

"Epic Status" is hidden. There is no need to display it on the issue screens. The agile board will make use of it anyway.

You can explicity add it to your view by

Project Settings > Screens > Epic > Operation:Edit (click on screen link)

This will make your Epic "mark as done" when you set the value manually. But I have no clue, why you can't set the epic status in the backlog of your agile board.

So long

Thomas

Wei Wang April 25, 2021

Thanks again @Thomas Deiler but I'm not sure if I'm following. I'm not even seeing "Screens" under the Project Settings. This really baffles me. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 9.44.11 PM.png

Suggest an answer