Jira/Bitbucket Integration

Michael Larson December 9, 2021

Long time user that has had Jira and Bitbucket integrated.  In the past month, the integration has stopped working 100%.  After creating a branch, I no longer see the link to the branch in Jira, just "create branch".

In DVCS accounts (not sure if this is related)

"Invalid credentials, please create the connection again"

Not sure where else to look to get this back working.  We have not made any changes in a while on jira end.

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2022

It may worth a quick try: if you can't create the link starting from the Jira side, you may want to try creating it starting from the Bitbucket side.

(Motivation: If the bug that disallows this exists in the Jira side, you may work around that with this trick.)

Michael Larson March 9, 2022

I can create the Branch fine initially.  Once created however, JIra Dev Panel does NOT update to show link to branch and commits.  Just "Create Branch"

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

The original connection between Jira and Bitbucket may have been made using a Bitbucket account for a user that has left your organization. You will need to recreate the connection. Here is the documentation for that

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/connect-jira-cloud-to-bitbucket-814188428.html

Michael Larson December 10, 2021

Thanks, I tried that but I got an error "Hmmm... that didn't work"

image.png

Lauren Swanson March 7, 2022

I am having the same issue and received the same message when trying to recreate the connection.

I still have NOT been able to find an answer to this.  To note, we are using Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud.

There have been no changes to user accounts/access

Also to note - this worked with no issues for Years.  No changes, no user changes and it just stopped a few months ago

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2022

@Michael Larson @Lauren Swanson 

Have you tried contacting Atlassian support directly? With your permission they would be able to access your instances and debug the problem.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Lauren Swanson March 9, 2022

I will try that. Thanks, Trudy.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders