Jira Automation {{triggerIssue.fixversions.name}} Stopped Working

Daniel Newman June 14, 2022

Hi,

I was using the {{triggerIssue.fixversions.name}} smart value last week and it was working without issue but when trying to use the same automation rule today the rule is failing.

To test this I have set up a simple rule which logs the fix version but it doesn't seem to work whether I am using {{triggerIssue.fixversions.name}} or {{issue.fixversions.name}}. Other fields seem to be able to be accessed without issue.

I have checked the following page and have capitalised the "V" in versions to match and it still doesn't work:

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

Does anyone know if the accessing of the fix versions value has changed in the last few days?

Thanks

Dan

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Newman June 15, 2022

@John Funk @Jack Brickey Thanks for your responses. 

I have double checked this morning and this was a mistake by me; it was a data issue causing my problem, not a system issue.

Apologies for wasting your time, it was a long day yesterday!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hey Daniel,

Can you share the trigger that you have? 

And are you getting an error? Or it just isn't returning anything? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

have you tried to use the action "log action" with {{issue.fixVersions.name}} to assess what Automation is actually interpreting? I gave this a quick try and it seem to work out OK.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events