Jira Add-in for Outlook 365 - Unable to Login/Connect to Jira

Carey Smith August 17, 2022

Recently, I've been unable to connect to Jira through Outlook 365 add-in. I click the "Connect now" link (which is new), enter my Jira credentials, and the error message "Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials." appears. This has recently happened to other coworkers as well and not getting the support needed from IT. My login/password is definitely correct and I am able to log into Jira directly with no issues. Has anyone experienced this issue?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carey Smith August 22, 2022

1.Make sure that the default app for Outlook is Outlook.
2.Close Outlook app.
3.Open web version of Outlook and log into the Jira-add app - it should work.
4. Reopen Outlook and it should work there too.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Carey Smith 

Thank you for reporting this. We have identified the issue on our side and have resolved it already. Sorry for the interruption. Could you please give it a try and let me know if it works now?

Carey Smith August 17, 2022

No it still is not verifying the login. I did a bit more research and found the following error ID: 7c17ee27-c67d-4145-acd7-3b64ef375169 after I received the message to try to login on my web version of Outlook.

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2022

It seems like you are experiencing a different issue now. Probably you have "Block 3rd-party cookies" enabled in your browser. Could you please try to enable 3rd-party cookies, and try to log in again?

Carey Smith August 22, 2022

I actually have an answer now! I'll share it in case anyone else has the same issue. 

1.Make sure that the default app for Outlook is Outlook.
2.Close Outlook app.
3.Open web version of Outlook and log into the Jira-add app - it should work.
4. Reopen Outlook and it should work there too.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events