JRJC and JIRA Cloud

Srikanth Konjarla March 9, 2018

With reference to following JRJC wiki,

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JRJC/pages/27164680/Tutorial

This seems kinda out of date and wondering if there is an updated version which can be used with both Server and Cloud version of JIRA. Looking for some references as to connecting to cloud version of JIRA. I have built a sample REST client using JRJC working with server version (7.x) and wondering if it can work with cloud version as well.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2018

For the most part, yes.  The REST APIs on Cloud and Server are mostly the same, so a JRJC based application will talk to both of them the same way.

However, they are diverging products, so do not expect them to be identical, and certainly plan for them to diverge further.  I suspect all the basic stuff will remain the same (projects, issues, workflows etc), but you'll find reporting and admin stuff diverging quite a lot.

0 votes
Sergey November 25, 2019

Is there any viable java lib for Jira Cloud?

0 votes
Sameer Jethvani June 27, 2019

I am using Jira Cloud . Using JRJC , I am not able to do authentication itself, I am following this blog (https://www.baeldung.com/jira-rest-api) , creating jira client by passing username & password in function shows below , however I am getting 401 authorization failure . Is there different client for cloud ?

private JiraRestClient getJiraRestClient() {
return new AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory()
.createWithBasicHttpAuthentication(getJiraUri(), this.username, this.password);
}

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2018
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2018

That has nothing to do with JRJC.

Application links are for linking Atlassian applications together.  The JRJC is a program that gives codes a client library for handling Jira REST calls in their applications.

Suggest an answer