JQL to find tickets which have commits after the ticket has moved to "in testing"

Gemma Pitman August 3, 2020

Hi,

We're using Jira with Bitbucket hooked up to it. 

Is it possible to use JQL to find all Jira tickets which have a bitbucket commit after the ticket has been in a specific status e.g. "in testing"

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2020

Hi @Gemma Pitman  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Looking at the documentation for advanced queries, I do not believe that you can get the commit datetime currently: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-developer-status/

Perhaps there is a marketplace add-on for query scripting that would help find prior occurrences of commits.

In the meantime, if you want to track this condition going forward you could add an automation rule, triggered on a commit and check the status for specific values you wanted to note.

Please see this documentation to learn about the automation rules:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

Best regards,

Bill

Gemma Pitman August 4, 2020

Thank you Bill, I will take a look at the automation documentation to see if there's anything I can use there.

Thanks, 

Gemma

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2020

Glad to hear that. 

Even if the commit date isn't available after event occurs, you could save the most recent commit datetime in a custom field and use that to compare to when an issue transition to "in testing".  That could solve your query issue.  It will probably take three rules to do it:

1. Save the most recent commit datetime triggered on commit for an issue
  2. Save when an issue transitioned to "in testing", triggered on transition
  3. Report on any thing committed after the transition, triggered on a schedule or manually

Please consider marking this one as answered if this one ends up working for you.  This will help others in the community find solutions faster.  Thanks!

ankit45621 February 10, 2021
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2021

Hi @ankit45621 

Sorry, I do not know that.  I suggest waiting to see if the person from Atlassian who responded has more information.  If you do not hear anything back for a while, consider submitting a support ticket for help.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events