JQL query incorrect

Yvonne van der Mooren August 25, 2022

Hi all, 

I'm trying to add The Two-Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget onto my dashboard. Therefore I need to create a JQL on my board. When entering the JQL code from the article into my quick filters: 

sprint in (openSprints(), futureSprints()) AND project in (TIS)

i'm getting a The value 'TIS' does not exist for the field 'project' error. 

I'm able to add my board name instead of TIS but it's not working. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Yvonne van der Mooren and welcome to the community!

The example you posted is based on the Demo environment. TIS is here the key of the "Teams In Space" project.

So you'll have to adapt that JQL using your Project name/key

Yvonne van der Mooren August 25, 2022

Thanks for your quick responds @Dirk Ronsmans When adding my project name it does work! But I'm also getting Assignee's in the list which are no longer active in Jira anymore or deleted from my board. How can I fix that? 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

I'm not aware of a JQL that can get the state of a user.

If you also have the Scriptrunner app installed you that enriches your JQL and you could use

AND assignee not in inactiveUsers()

You might need to get a bit more creative with your JQL based perhaps on a Status of the issue? (especially regarding issues not on your board (anymore))

Yvonne van der Mooren August 28, 2022

Thank you @Dirk Ronsmans 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events