JQL filter for swimlanes

Jeffrey Slootweg February 9, 2021

Hi all,

I recently started working with Jira, i am still configuring the environment. I had a request to add a filter for swimlanes. So as asked  i made some changes in the swimlanes. Added a swimlane for API, Front & Back - end issues with a filter on custom radio buttons. The only thing is that the sub tasks aren't going to the swimlanes they belong to. Is there some JQL query to add the sub tasks along with the issues?

The JQL query i use now is:  "Front Back end" = Front-end

Thanks in advance,

Jeffrey Slootweg

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Hi @Jeffrey Slootweg and welcome to Community!

Do you see any sub-task at all in your board? Is the "Front Back end" field used in sub-tasks? Or is it only filled in the parent tasks?

- Manon

Hi @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_ Thank you!

Yes i see the subtasks on the board. The Front Back end field is used in the Parent (issue) i did this because i don't want to adjust it all by myself by hand. I was looking for a JQL query to solve this for me, after the subtasks are on the correct place i will add the "Front Back end" field to the subtasks aswell.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Slootweg.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

I think Automation is the solution, you can build a rule like this one:

Capture d’écran 2021-02-09 à 11.03.16.png

You would just need to replace the field "Component" with your field "Front Back End".

Depending on the type of project you're using, you can access the Automation menu from:

• Project settings > Automation
  • Or Project settings > Apps > Project automation

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Hi,

I think this will work, but i work with the free version of Jira. This solution will consume more then the 100 free automation calls. Is there another way to fix this?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Slootweg.

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

Unfortunately you won't have any other solution than updating manually each sub-task. There is no out-of-the-box JQL query to get an issue and its sub-tasks.

Best,

- Manon

Jeffrey Slootweg February 11, 2021

Oke no problem thanks for your support.

Kind regards Jeffrey

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin