JIRA won't accept 24-hour time format when logging work

Deleted user February 18, 2021

Hi,

I want to change the displayed time format of the date picker when I log work to 24-hour format but it doesn't work.

I'm changing the settings in Genereal Config -> Advanced Settings. My current settings are:

jira.date.picker.java.format=dd.MM.yyyy

jira.date.picker.javascript.format=%e/%b/%y

jira.date.time.picker.java.format=dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm

jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format=%e/%b/%y %H:%M

I've read multiple documentations and tried multiple different settings but none of them worked. The date and time is still shown as follows:

MM/dd/yyyy - H:mm a

2/18/2021 - 3:25 PM

I want to have the following format:

dd.MM.yyyy - HH:mm

18.02.2021 - 15:25

It's not about the look and feel in general, this is already working. I'm talking about when loggin work.

How can I change this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Dominik

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

this is actually a bug which was highlighted in a similar thread.
Please refer to the thread for further information - there you also find linked the bug which you can watch and vote for.
It is already "in progress" so a fix should not took so long.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Date-Started-wrong-date-format-when-Logging-Work/qaq-p/1613122

Regards,
Daniel

Deleted user February 21, 2021

Hey Daniel,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Now this is what I was looking for.

Have a great week :)

Regards,

Dominik

SYSCONNECT HELPDESK May 12, 2021

@Daniel Ebers 

Hi.

Problem still remains... although modifying on advanced system settings and on look and feel date/time, it does not respects the modified format and shows the "american" format.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

When you log work, you're usually entering a duration, not a time.  Durations are not represented in a 12 or 24h format, they're a number of days/hours/minutes

So I'm a bit stuck on where you're entering this log - is it a start and end date/time pair somewhere?

Hey Nic, thanks for your reply. Yes I'm entering a duration in "Benötigte Zeit" (see screenshot below).

What I mean is "Startdatum" (Start date). There you can see my problem.

We are using JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk in Cloud and this windows opens since using the new issue detail view. No setting I change seems to change the display of the date here.

image.png

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Hey Alexander, thanks for your reply. I already saw this page and tried all these settings but none of them worked unfortunately.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events