Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Started wrong date format when Logging Work

Ingus Mikuda February 15, 2021

Struggling to get date formats correct.

When using Log Work got an issue that after entering Time Spent I have an option to enter Date Started. This field I shows Date format 2/15/2021 5:21 PM while I have changed all options to German standard under Look and Feel and also under System -> Advanced settings. I have changed both Java and Javascript date and time pickers.

In all other places on Jira Service Management I see correct date and time, but when trying to Log Work I got this wrong standard.

Is this bug or am I missing some settings?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2021

Hello @Ingus Mikuda,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site and also checking similar cases, I found out that the issue that you are facing is related to a known bug on the new issue view, where the date format is not respected:

They are already In Progress, so please, vote and watch to receive updates about the bug tickets.

Kind regards,
Angélica

SYSCONNECT HELPDESK May 12, 2021

@Angélica Luz 

Hi .

Problem still remains... although modifying on advanced system settings and on look and feel date/time, it does not respects the modified format and shows the "american" format.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2021

Hello @SYSCONNECT HELPDESK,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

The bugs are still in progress, that’s why when modifying the settings and look and feel, the dates are not showing in the desired format. 

Please, watch both bugs so that you are notified when our developers fix the issue.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like SYSCONNECT HELPDESK likes this
0 votes
Alexander James June 8, 2022

Dear Angelica and Atlassian,

As @Wojtek Pilwinski said, its still an issue. Specifically the time tracking popup is still displayed in mm/dd/yy AFTER switching JIRA regional settings to a non US date format (dd/mm/yy). The rest of JIRA behaves as expected but logging work on a ticket is displayed mm/dd/yy.

Regards,

Alex

0 votes
Wojtek Pilwinski April 5, 2022

The problem still remains. It more than year. Is there any progress?

For any help great thanks in advance.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2022

Hi @Wojtek Pilwinski,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

The bugs I mentioned in my previous response were already closed. For more information, please check the description of this ticket:

Now, there is a new feature request suggesting further customization of the date/time:

We'd suggest you vote for it as well as set yourself as a watcher in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Like Kol Ismn likes this
Hugh Gibson January 30, 2023

Angélica,

The problem is still there on the Log Work dialog, with the Date Started not respecting the language settings.

To be clear, this is not a request for further customisation options as in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76814. It's a bug, separately reported in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-77988

Hugh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events