JIRA WORK MANAGEMENT TIMELINE not showing epic's hierarchy

Sistemas COAM April 11, 2023

Hello and thanks in advance.

I am using Jira Work management with a 3 level hierarchy. Epic - Tasks - Subtasks

When I see the "timeline view", tasks are not grouped inside their epics inside, they are at the same level as the tasks. 

By the other hand, I can see the hierarchy perfectly in the "List view" grouping inside the epics every task.

Is there any way to see in Jira Work Management the tasks grouped inside the epics in the timeline view?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Sistemas COAM and welcome to the Community!

Epics are originally a feature of Jira Software. The hierarchy as you mention was not supported in Jira Work Management.

There is a suggestion to improve behaviour that you can track here: JWMCLOUD-30.

Hope this helps! 

Many thanks Walter.

I appreciate your help.

In that case is it possible to have 3 level hierarchy just with tasks, subtasks, and new created sub-sub-tasks?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

In the timeline view, yes @Sistemas COAM.  

Really, how can I do that? 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2023

No, I am sorry. I may have misread your question: the timeline view in JWM is the view where you cannot do that. The only place where Jira lets you create this full hierarchy with visible timelines for all level of the hierarchy is in the Advanced Roadmaps feature of Jira Software's premium plan.

Ok Walter, thansk anyway for your quick answer.

I hope Atlassian develops this feature for jira work management soon.

Kevin Zhu February 18, 2024

Hi Walter, wondering if this feature has been implemented in JWM? Thx!

Like Rihards likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events