Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

JIRA Dashboard-Velocity Gadget

Can someone please help me understanding how Velocity is been calculated when using the Velocity Gadget (in Jira Dashboard) with Calculated by: Issue Count??

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Which "velocity gadget" is it? 

Not that I think that's too important in the explanation.  If it's the one I think it is, then it is doing the Velocity in the most obvious way.

Velocity is a measure of what you said you would do in a sprint against what you achieved.  When an issue moves into the "done" column, it gets counted in the velocity report.  If you've set it to report on issue count instead of estimate, then it's just showing you the number of issues that moved into Done every day.  It's not looking at their size, just that they got done.

thanks for the answer that helps me finding the calculation, so yes it will use all issues with Status Done, i've found the calculation, it's the average of the issues with Status Done. Thanks for your helpIssue count.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

4,959 views 18 31
Read article

Atlassian Community Events