JIRA Dashboard-Velocity Gadget

Emna Elleuch August 8, 2022

Can someone please help me understanding how Velocity is been calculated when using the Velocity Gadget (in Jira Dashboard) with Calculated by: Issue Count??

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Which "velocity gadget" is it? 

Not that I think that's too important in the explanation.  If it's the one I think it is, then it is doing the Velocity in the most obvious way.

Velocity is a measure of what you said you would do in a sprint against what you achieved.  When an issue moves into the "done" column, it gets counted in the velocity report.  If you've set it to report on issue count instead of estimate, then it's just showing you the number of issues that moved into Done every day.  It's not looking at their size, just that they got done.

Emna Elleuch August 10, 2022

thanks for the answer that helps me finding the calculation, so yes it will use all issues with Status Done, i've found the calculation, it's the average of the issues with Status Done. Thanks for your helpIssue count.PNG

KevinBrennan May 23, 2023

I can't find this gadget in my dashboard...is this something that's not enabled out of the box or possibly a plug-in?  Thanks

Like Mate Moldovan likes this

Suggest an answer