JIRA Component Watcher Add on

Sofia Quintero April 13, 2021

Hello
I am working with the JIRA Component Watcher plugin, by Ray Barham, in Jira Server. I need to know the documentation about how it works, specifically notifications. Has anyone known or used it?
The watchers users of the component are receiving notifications about every updates of the issue that was assigned to the component, despite not being as an assignee or report. Is the functionality correct?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hi @Sofia Quintero their website says Version 2.6.2 • Jira Server 8.8.0 - 8.14.1 is released 2021-01-19 with the documentation link that I had shared in the original post.

However, on this page https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5218/component-watcher-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=support,  you may check the currently placed documentation, wiki, submitting service request/ emailing the vendor.

Shreya Rawal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 18, 2021

@G subramanyam / @Sofia Quintero I can't seem to find information on this plugin anymore. The links you shared are no longer available. Is there a way to find the documentation? Is the plugin completely scrapped? 

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2021

Hi @Shreya Rawal I too noticed the links aren't displaying the site nor documentation that were their in April. If you are an existing customer of that plugin, you will have an option to contact their support team from their plugin UI.

Like Shreya Rawal likes this
Shreya Rawal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2021

Thanks, @G subramanyam !

Like G subramanyam likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2021

Hi @Sofia Quintero welcome to the Atlassian community forum.

Here is the component watcher's plugin documentation "Link" for your quick access and reference. Please be informed, I haven't personally used the plugin, so just sharing the documentation that might assist you.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Sofia Quintero April 13, 2021

Thank you very much for the reply, @G subramanyam 

But I find the information to be out of date. No defined feature of the add-on found in version 2.6 onwards, with the notification "All watchers" in versions 7 or 8 of Jira server

Like G subramanyam likes this
Reneesh Kottakkalathil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2021

@Sofia Quintero 

I'm trying to find a contact for this add-on. Were you able to get in touch with anyone?

Deleted user September 27, 2021

@Reneesh Kottakkalathil  It was written by Ray Barham, but it's no longer available.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/raybarham

Suggest an answer