JIRA Cloud: Can't isolate an user on a single project

Admin April 2, 2019

I created userA, assigned to groupA. UserA belongs only to groupA.

I got projectB/people:

- I see only myself and the jira-administrators group.

- I check the jira-administrators group: userA is not there.

I log in as userA, I can still see projectB.

groupA appears in Site SEttings/ProductAccess/JiraSoftware. 

If I remove groupA from there, he cannot see any project anymore, even if still present in the project's people

Why?

PS. I also noticed that userA is not associated to schemes or notifications

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2019

Hi Hoxell,

I would check the permission scheme for Project B to see who has the capability to Browse the project. It might be based on all users and not just Project Roles. 

AlbertoC April 3, 2019

Well, the permission scheme for projectA and projectB is the dame (default software scheme).

The "Browse Project" permission is indeed "Any logged user".

I can change the "granted to " for Browse project, but it will change it for both projects.

So I guess the only way would be create two permission scheme, permissionSchemeA and permissionSchemeB and grant permission to different users/groups....

Is this the only way? it looks a very complex tasks for a very common purpose.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2019

That is correct - you would need to have two permission schemes. Or possibly handle it based on project roles and have different people in different role. 

Suggest an answer