JIRA Automation: Start date minus 7

Chip Plowman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2021

Afternoon,

I'm trying to use automation to create a subtask to remind our consultants when they should be contacting customers to get certain information based off an original issue. I thought i had got it with {{triggerIssue.startdate.minusDays(7)}} sadly not. 

I've looked on a lot of pages and not really able to get an answer after a day of looking i'm hoping someone can tell me it is a silly syntax problem etc. 

TIA

Chip

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Hi Chip,

It might be better to use the field id in that case. So it would like:

{{triggerIssue.customfield_17727.minusDays(7)}} 

Where you would use the id for the Start Date in your instance. 

Chip Plowman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2021

Thanks for the information. 

So are you saying that Start date is not a field that can be calculated from?

Or am i missing something?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

No, not saying that - I think it just might be a syntax thing with the spelling of the field. Startdate vs startdate vs startDate, etc. Not sure that case is taken in consideration or not, but might be. Using the field ID eliminates that possibility. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Chip Plowman 

I tried this and these worked, once I confirmed that the triggering issue was an Epic:

{{issue.Start Date.minusDays(7)}}

{{triggerIssue.Start Date.minusDays(7)}}

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS